The oral examination tests an applicant’s knowledge, expertise, experience and achievements in the appropriate branch of engineering.
A person may apply to sit for the oral examination -
- if the person was previously registered under the Act as a professional engineer or is an experienced applicant;
- if the person has not applied to sit for any of the written examinations; and
- where applicable, a period of 12 months has elapsed from the date of the person’s last unsuccessful application to sit for the oral examination.
An experienced applicant means a person who —
- before 1 December 2005, obtained a qualification specified in Part I or III, Division II, III or IV of Part IV or Division II of Part V of the Schedule to the Professional Engineers (Approved Qualifications) Notification 2009; and
- has not less than 25 years of such practical experience in professional engineering work as may be acceptable to the Board, of which at least 10 years must be obtained in Singapore.
The application for registration shall be submitted together with the application to sit for the oral examination as the professional interview for registration may be conducted after the oral examination in a single session.
The fee to sit for the oral examination is $450 and the fee for registration is $300. For more information on PE registration, please refer to Guidelines on Registration.
Payment can be made via:
- bank transfer to PEB bank account: DBS 001-900615-5
- PayNow to UEN no.: T08GB0043H
For input on description of payment, applicant must indicate full name and fees made for PE registration application through oral exam.
To apply, download and submit the following documents with your payment at PEB.